Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Old Fashioned Hearts


I made these last night.

Wait, wasn't I supposed to be working on the angel for my Aunt. I know, I know. All that needs to be done is sew on the wings. Yes, I could have sat and finished her. But I didn't. I'm not surprised. After all, I know me.

I was digging around in my sewing room looking for something. Funny, but I don't remember what. Anyway, I found an old table runner that my Great Grandmother made. Actually, I have a huge bag of them. Doilies, table runners, hot pads etc. (How lucky am I?).I really should take pictures of these. Some I use, and some just can't be used. They are in sorry shape. But being me, I can't just throw them away. So I have been saving them because I just know that I will find something to do with them. And I have! There are matching doilies and a smaller table runner which I do use. And now I have these 2 hearts. I was going to add a button in the center and ribbon to hang them. They look so pretty just sitting there, I might leave them as they are.

I will definitely be making more but with different fabrics. I think I will find a pretty bowl or plate and put that on the matching table runner. And fill it with some pretty hearts. As you would walk into the house it will be one of the first things you see. That would make me smile!






Here is a picture of one of the undamaged doileys in use. That is a small lamp sitting on top of it. Isn't it pretty.

1 comment: